The QuickBooks Company file is important because it holds all of the financial and accounting data of the organization. It is the core responsibility of the users to manage it carefully so that no data gets harmed. However, users may run into various challenges while working with it, one of which is QuickBooks Error 6000 83. You might encounter this error while restoring, executing, or backing up your corporate file. You wouldn’t be able to access and work on the corporate file unless the problem was resolved right away. Further, it might affect your business as well. Read this blog till the end and know the detailed information on why this error occurs. Alongside, the quick resolution methods to overcome it.
Are you facing trouble while accessing your company file due to QuickBooks Error 6000 83? Reach out to our experts immediately by placing a call at the helpline number +1(855)-738-0359. Our experts will guide you with the verified solutions to resolve this issue right away.
Why am I stuck with QuickBooks error code 6000 83?
Apart from the QuickBooks company file damage, several reasons may lead to QuickBooks error code 6000 83. To get you aware of all such reasons, we have listed of the causes below:-
- It may be caused if the hosting mode is not configured properly.
- Another reason may be the outdated QuickBooks program.
- Inadequate Windows user permissions may also lead to QuickBooks error 6000 83.
Effective Troubleshooting Methods To Fix Error 6000 83 in QuickBooks Desktop
Below we have discussed some of the best working solutions to deal with QuickBooks error 6000 83 so that you can access the company file easily.
Solution 1: Disable Hosting On All Workstations:-
It is the most common method of resolving error 6000 83 on a computer. There is always one host server computer in multi-user mode that hosts the corporate file, and the rest of the systems are known as workstations. So, if you have Host multi-user mode enabled on your workstation, turn it off to resolve QuickBooks problem 6000 83.
- Initially, ensure that you have disabled hosting on all the computers except the PC with the main server.
- Afterwards, if you notice the message that signifies “Host multiple user access”, it means your PC is not hosting the company file.
- On the other hand, click Yes if you get the message stating “Stop hosting multiple user access”.
- After this, you need to click Yes for “company file must be closed” and continue.
- Finally, you are required to repeat these same steps on all the other computers having the hosting turned on.
Solution 2:- Transfer Company File to Another Location
- Select File Explorer from the Windows Start menu.
- Next, look for the folder that contains your company file.
- Then, right-click on the company file and choose Copy from the menu.
- Furthermore, right-click on an empty space on your Windows desktop and select Paste from the menu. You now have a duplicate of your company file.
Wrapping It Up!!
Here we conclude our blog and hope that the resolution methods listed in this blog will help you to deal with QuickBooks Error 6000 83. To avoid such issues in the future, ensure you have updated the QB as per the most recent version. If still, you are facing any difficulty while fixing the error, connect with our experts by dialing the helpline number +1(855)-738-0359.