Over many years, Dubai has developed a thriving corporate reputation, which has been fueled by a variety of businesses. And most recently, technology has taken centre stage.
In fact, Dubai is today praised as one of the most alluring tech hotspots in the globe. Startups from all over the world are migrating here to collaborate with companies like Microsoft, Google, Facebook, and others.
If you’d want to join them, this page discusses the important factors to bear in mind when forming a business, such as:
- Advantages of establishing a technology company in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Documents needed to establish a tech firm in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Starting a digital company in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, in due time
- The price of launching a tech business in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Dubai-based tech enterprises are successful
Advantages of establishing a technology company in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Let’s start with the advantages of starting any type of business in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Along with a low and flat VAT rate of 0%, the UAE is known for its 0% tax rate on both business and personal income.
The UAE is ideally situated to conduct business with markets throughout the world. It is located in the centre of the Middle East, has excellent land, air, and sea links, and shares a time zone with many major economic and technological hotspots throughout the globe.
The advantages carry on, especially for technology businesses. There are numerous incubators, accelerators, and programmes in UAE aimed at fostering the expansion and success of tech businesses. In addition, the emirate has a high-tech infrastructure and a number of free zones specifically designed for the technology sector.
Company formation in dubai can help you launch your IT business in Dubai’s free zone. We’ll take the time to learn about your needs before recommending the best course of action.
Documents needed to establish a tech firm in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
The paperwork needed to open a business in Dubai will vary depending on your setup, where your business is located, and the nature of your operations. However, you will typically need to submit the following:
- filled-out application
- business strategy
- coloured copy of the shareholder(s) of the company and the Manager/Director chosen for the new company
- sample signatures of the company’s shareholders and the newly appointed manager or director
- two years’ worth of audited financial statements for a corporation or a letter of recommendation from the shareholder’s personal bank
Once acquired, you must also submit:
- Manager or Director is appointed by board resolution (notarised and attested)
- Association Memorandum and Articles (notarised and attested)
- The authority will draught lease agreements (if applicable)
The price of launching a tech business in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
A licence to launch a technology company in Dubai can set you back between 20,000 and 20,000 AED. However, this will change based on the location, desired business activity, and office and visa requirements.
If you choose to open up shop on the Dubai mainland, you will additionally need to include in the price of personnel, space, and additional permissions. Contact for start a company in dubai team for a thorough and customised quotation.
Successful Dubai-based tech enterprises
Dubai is brimming with amazing technological firms, as one might expect from a global digital hub. These include well-known brands like Amazon, Oracle, and Apple as well as cutting-edge startups, and more are opening every day. The conglomerates Xerox, Epson, IBM, and Hewlett Packard are among others.
Proptech company Hupsy and tech enabler Tag Ventures, two high-performing startups, have raised USD 47 million and USD 250 million in capital, respectively, to expand their businesses. And incidents like this are not at all unusual. Simply put, there is no better venue to establish your firm if you have an original tech idea.