The QuickBooks Error 1712 occurs when one or more Windows components are missing, as well as when files are corrupted. This error has an effect on the Windows operating system, preventing programmed and applications from running smoothly. It also has an impact on how you install QuickBooks programmed. The message that appear on the screen is:
We’re sorry! Something went wrong with your installation.
Error 1712. One or more of the files required to restore your computer to its previous state could not be found. Restoration will not be possible.
Unable to install QuickBooks application because of QuickBooks install error 1712? Go through this blog for easy solutions or reach out to an expert at +1(855)-738-0359 and they can provide you on call assistance.
Troubleshooting For QuickBooks Error 1712
The method to fix QuickBooks Error 1712 includes ending all the background processes, using install diagnostic tool, and making changes to the application data path. Let’s look at these solutions in detail:-
Learn More About: QuickBooks 2010 Freezes When Reconciling
Solution 1- End the Processes Running in The Background
Certain processes running in the background can interfere with QuickBooks related processes. These are the steps you need to follow:-
- Press the keys Ctrl+Alt+Delete together. A new window will appear, select Task manager from the options. The Task Manager window will open your desktop.
- Click on Processes tab
- Then select the QuickBooks process, right-click on it.
- After that, in the Task Manager window, click the End process button.
- Now restart your system as it saves all of your changes and refreshes it.
Solution 2- Make Changes to Application data path
The damaged application path can also lead to QuickBooks install error. You need to modify the data path by following these steps:-
- Click on the Windows Start button.
- Then type regedit.exe into the Search field and hit the Enter key.
- Navigate the path HKEY CURRENT USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExploreUserShell Folders in the Regedit window.
- Double-click on the entry App Data in Shell Folders.
- You must substitute your own local profile path for the original value.
- Close the window when you’re finished.
- Now restart your system.
Solution 3- Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tools
QuickBooks has developed the Install Diagnostic tool in order to fix installation related issues. Follow these steps in order to use it:-
- Go to the official Intuit website and download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool.
- Choose a file location for the file to be saved. And wait till the download is completed.
- Now run the downloaded file and install it on the system.
- Open QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and look for the option saying ‘ I am having problems installing QuickBooks’.
- Now click on the OK button and wait for it to complete the process..
- Rerun your system to check if the error is still appearing on your screen.
So this has been all about QuickBooks Install Error 1712. Check that installation file you are using is not damaged and corrupted. If the error still pop-up after following the above mentioned solutions, reach out to an expert at +1(855)-738-0359 and they will guide you on how to fix it.