What are freckles?
Freckles are tiny (small to medium in size) tan or light brown spots on your skin. They are very common and occur as a result of overexposure to the sun or skin pigmentation. Freckles removal are different way.
Freckles are about 1mm-2mm flat spots that are not harmful. They are more common among people with sensitive skin to sun damage. Mostly seen on the face, shoulders, and arms.
What causes freckles?
No one is born with freckles, these are some common factors that cause freckles:
- They are maybe inherited.
- If your skin is sun-sensitive.
- Certain medical treatments like radiation therapy.
Different types of freckles:
Freckles are mostly caused due to sun exposure on the basis of that it is classified into two categories.
- Simple Freckles: They are small flat brown spots that appear in summer season while they fade in the winter season. These type of freckles are typically found among the people with fair skin tone. This problem is more common among the people with green eye color and red hair as compared to others. Hereditary is also the main cause of the formation of simple freckles.
- Sunburn Freckles: These Freckles are scientifically named as lentigines. Too much sun interaction causes the formation of these freckles. They mostly occur in the areas which are exposed more to the sun like shoulder, arms, face, and back.
How to get rid of freckles permanently?
There are numerous ways you can use to get rid of freckles.
The laser is a suitable treatment for freckles removal. It is typically only recommended to people with lighter skin tone. However, people with darker tone can also opt for laser freckles removal treatment when it is performed correctly with cautions because this treatment may cause permanent changes into skin-color.
Common side effects:
In laser treatment risk of scarring is low, other common side effects are:
- Change in skin color.
Depending on the patient freckles severity. One to four sessions of laser freckles removal treatments are suggested.
After the treatment, it may take up to two weeks to recover.
- Avoid from using certain medication before the treatment.
- Discontinue use of certain skincare products before the treatment.
- If are prone to oral herpes. It is advised to take antiviral medicines before going for laser treatment.
It is the process in which the experts apply liquid nitrogen as a coolant on the skin for destroying abnormal skin cells, once it gets freeze.
Common Side effects:
- Rarely cause scarring.
Cryosurgery is a safe procedure. It doesn’t require anesthesia that’s why no downtime is involved in the treatment.
Cryosurgery requires little recovery time after the treatment.
According to Expert Centre, freckles are painless and harmless tans or brown spots on the skin surface. That may be caused by inheritance or too much interaction with sunlight. However, they affect your looks and self-esteem.
The people who are prone to freckles take good care of their skin while going outside or having interaction with the sun and may opt for the above-mentioned freckles removal methods.