There is no doubt that MS Outlook is a great email client. It allows the users to send or receive emails along with the attachments. But, it is also a program prone to errors like other programs. Once such an error users face while operating Outlook that Outlook stuck on loading profile. This error can occur for various reasons and needs to fix to maintain the workflow. We derive to you the possible reasons and the solutions to fix it through this blog.
Why is Outlook Stuck On Loading Profile?
- Processes (Outlook.exe and others) are still running in the background.
- Programs like VPN software, Lync (or Skype for business), add-ins, etc., may interrupt Outlook operation.
- The hardware graphics acceleration option in the Outlook options dialogue isn’t disabled.
- The issue with the desktop theme.
- Outlook data file (.pst) is corrupt or damaged.
How to Fix Outlook Stuck On Loading Profile?
- Wait for a while and see if the problem is resolved or not.
- If not, ensure that your system has installed the latest Windows and Office updates.
- If the issue persists, use the below troubleshooting methods to fix the issue.
Method 1: End Processes in Task Manager and Disable Outlook Presence Feature
Microsoft suggests ending the processes from the task manager and disabling the Outlook presence feature can fix the error. Here are the steps:
- Firstly, open Task Manager
- Secondly, from the Processes tab, search for all Office processes.
- Then, choose an Office process and click on End Task. Repeat this again for each Office process listed.
Now check if you can access Outlook, if yes, then follow these measures to disable the Outlook presence feature.
- Firstly, in Outlook select File>>Options>>People.
- Then, in the Outlook Options wizard, untick the checkboxes if the following are enabled.
- Display online status next to name.
- Show user photographs when available.
- Finally, click OK and restart Outlook.
Method 2: Open Outlook in Safe Mode and Disable Add-Ins
Outlook stuck on loading profile due to faulty add-ins. To fix it, open Outlook in safe mode and also disable add-ins. Follow the steps:
- Press the Window+R keys to open the Run wizard.
- Then, type Outlook/safe in the Run wizard and click on OK.
- Now, Choose Profile wizard appears. Accept the default Outlook settings and click OK.
- If asked, provide a password and click OK.
After opening the Outlook in safe mode, disable the Add-ins one by one. Follow the steps:
- Open Outlook and select File.
- Click Options > Add-ins.
- Under Manage, select COM Add-ins.
- Click Go.
- Choose add-ins to disable, and click OK.
- Exit Outlook and open it again.
It’s very frustrating when Outlook stuck on loading profile. It can be due to many reasons. This blog delivers the possible causes behind the error and the solutions to fix it. But before proceeding to solutions, it is recommended to wait for a while for Outlook responds. If Outlook doesn’t respond, then follow the method mentioned above in that case. We hope this guide helps you. Thank You!