Due to the reasons listed below, your Epson printer may not be printing. Read this blog till the end to tackle this error at the earliest and solve it immediately. Make sure to follow the steps carefully to resolve the errors directly while getting quick solutions for Epson Printer not printing black.
- Your Epson Printer may not be switched on
- The paper tray might be out of paper
- Clogged Nozzles are another reason for this issue
- In some situations, not using the printer regularly can cause the ink to dry and create problems in delivering prints.
- An Epson Printer with a sloppy head might not deliver print jobs.
- The device might not be properly connected to the printer through USB.
- In situations of low ink levels, the device may not be able to print black or other colors
- The Epson printer driver may not be having the recent updates
How to Resolve Epson Printer Not Printing Black?
Now, let us start by resolving the problem of the Epson printer, not printing black. In the following sections, we have given solutions to these problems. These would include cleaning the dirty printer heads on Windows & Mac. Follow these steps carefully to resolve the Epson printer not printing black.
What should you do if the Epson printer is not printing in Black color?
Clean the Epson printer’s print-head :
- The first step is to launch the control panel from the Windows search option and then search for ‘devices & printer.”
- Then you will be able to see the installed Epson printer, which has a green checkmark. Right-click on the icon and then choose the option of Printers.
- After that, hit on the hardware/ Maintenance tab.
- Then hit on the Head cleaning option from the next pop up window
- Hit on the start button
- Now, click on the start button for head cleaning and follow the on-screen instructions. Hence by going through all of these steps, the printer head will be cleaned, and the printer is not printing black might also get resolved. If not, follow the steps that are listed below.
Check out the ink levels of the ink cartridge.
You have to ensure that the ink level of the ink cartridge is up to the mark. Find out if the printer in error state Epson Follow the steps listed below to check the ink level –
- Launch the control panel
- Choose the devices & Printers option
- Right-click on the Epson Printer and then choose the print preferences option.
- Hit on the repair tab
- Then, hit on the maintenance menu and launch the Epson Status Monitor by hitting on it.
- Now the amount of cartridges will get visible
- If it is low, then refill them
Connect the Epson printer with the correct port/slot:
Epson printer may not work if it is not connected to the right port. However, this issue can be easily fixed through these steps –
- Launch the Control Panel
- Then choose the devices & printers option
- Right-click on the “Epson printer not printing “ and choose the “printer options.”
- Now head to the properties and select the ports tab
- Now select the add port option
- And then, choose the default TCP/IP port and then hit “Epson Printer Properties” on the new port.
- Hit on the next option
- Then, in the end, press on the finish button and restart the system and take out a test print
Update the Epson Printer Firmware :
Ensure that the firmware is up to date; otherwise, the printer may have functioning problems. You can check this out through the steps listed below –
- Launch the start menu and type Epson. From the results shown, choose the “Epson Software Updater.”
- Now from the list, choose your Epson Printer Model
- Wait until the software checks to see if there is any update available
- Make sure that there is a tick mark in the box of the “Firmware Updater” and then hit on the install button
- Hit on Agree and then select ok to proceed.
- Wait until the software downloads the update
- A new window will launch and then hit on the Start button
- Now, wait until the software gets completely updated. This process can take some minutes.
- Do not turn off the printer in between of this
- Hit on the Finish button
- Now hit on Ok
- Wait for it again to check the updates
- Hit on the exit button when you find that there isn’t any update button
These were easy to follow through steps to solve the Epson printer, not printing black error. If you still find that you are facing some errors with your Epson printer, get in touch with our tech experts, who will be there to solve any of your queries at any time of the day to resolve them immediately. To get immediate assistance for errors like Epson wf-3620 error code 0x97 , make sure to contact them earliest. Read this blog till the end.